Surge is a web developer and proxy utility tool. This app is designed for developers and may need certain level of professional knowledge to use.
- High Performance & Stability: With industrial-grade stability, Surge is capable of constantly running with high performance, yet it only occupies minimum system resources. It will perfectly handle all the traffic and leave you worry-free.
- Flexible Rule System: You may setup proxy forwarding rules based on domain, IP CIDR, GEOIP, etc. Surge will automatically send the requests to another proxy server. HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/shadowosocks proxy protocols are all supported.
- HTTPS Decryption: HTTPS traffic can be decrypted by MitM. Certificate generator will help you generate CA certificate for debugging and make the certificate trusted by system.
- Local DNS Mapping: Surge supports local-customized DNS mapping. Its multiple functional modules, including wildcard, alias and custom DNS server, will be able to fulfill varied needs.
- Proxy Group: You may categorize several proxies as a group and a policy will be employed in accordance with the grouping. Proxy group can be configured as Auto Speed Test (select policy based on benchmarking URL access speed), SSID (select policy based on WiFi SSID), and manual-select.
- HTTP Rewrite: Rewrite the HTTP/HTTPS request to another URL based on customized rules, or simply block the request;
- Remote Dashboard: Surge Dashboard may connect to remote Surge iOS or Surge Mac instances via USB or network.
- Full IPv6 Support: All functions work in IPv6 environment.
Surge Mac Exclusive Features
- Enhanced Mode: Surge may setup a virtual network interface to handle all network traffics, regardless if the app supports proxy or not.
- Metered Network Mode: Control which processes are allowed to access Internet. Useful when using a metered connection like mobile data hotspot.
- Gateway Mode: You can even use Surge Mac as a Layer 3 gateway to handle traffics from other deivces.
Surge iOS Exclusive Features
- All functions work on cellular networks.
- Capture all HTTP/HTTPS/TCP traffic from any applications on your device, and redirect the traffic to an HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/shadowosocks proxy server following highly configurable rules, even when the application doesn't follow system proxy settings.
- Override system DNS settings even on cellular network. And boost the performance by sending DNS query to all DNS servers simultaneously.
- Surge Dashboard is able to connect to Surge iOS through WiFi or USB, monitor and analyze network requests on the iOS devices. You can even examine Cellular network requests when Dashboard is connected through USB.